Monday, June 2, 2014

The Grand Finale

Because I can't believe my senior year of high school has already come to an end, I decided to do a blog post for just that. Art IV and AP art have helped me realize what I'm good at and what I'm terrible at. Had I not had such a wonderful teacher to help me push my boundaries, I would have never discovered my muse. 


After comparing the first water color I did, to my better two, I couldn't believe how much I had improved. As much as I will always love my first painting, I can tell that practice certainly does make perfect. 

Even though it was definitely a struggle for me, between problems at home to problems at school, I don't regret anything. If I could have had it my way I would have been able to go to school everyday and push out more quality art prices. But the good thing about art is that it's a stress reliever. Many of my classmates saw AP Art as a stressful class, which it indeed would have been had I taken the AP test, but because I knew everything I was going through I decided to use my AP art class as a stress reliever. I cant explain how many days I would come home from a stressful day and whip out my water color and sit on my back porch for hours to create something beautiful. It helped me over come some of the most difficult times. Art to me is something i do to relax, something that will help me remind myself who I am. And even though I'm not going to be in an art class anymore, art is something I will carry with me through out life. And I want to thank all my teachers, especially Mrs. Rossi ( not being a teachers pet haha) for working with me and helping me discover myself through my art. 

No comments:

Post a Comment